How Does The Medifast Program Work?
Medifast is a weight loss service provider that has become a popular name in the field for quite some time. It has been around since 1980 as a company devoted to helping people lose weight through some simple dietary changes.
This all comes from the many foods that Medifast has to offer. Medifast has many different foods that are available through an extensive variety of plans. These are all foods that are designed with the finest ingredients in mind and are easy for everyone to consume. It even offers a bit of freedom for all to enjoy holding.
What Kinds of Foods can I Expect to Eat on the Medifast Program?
The foods in this program are known as meal replacements in that they are foods that are to be consumed during the day instead of traditional meals. These are designed to provide healthy nutrients and other features for the body to benefit from without worrying about problems that may come about as a result of losing weight.
The types of foods that are included in this program include many great options that are easy for all people to try:
- Cereal products
- Healthy smoothies, shakes and other drinks
- Snack bars
There are dozens of different choices for people to enjoy having when it comes to keeping their bodies healthy and happy. The options for people to enjoy trying out include many great options that are enticing and helpful for many of the needs that people often hold when trying to stay healthy and ready for whatever may come about in their lives.
These foods are going to be mixed in with Lean and Green meals. These meals will be discussed in a little more detail in just a moment as they are all points that are to be used within the day while giving a participant a little more variety with regards to what can be done.
Take Advantage of the Medifast Promotions below for even further savings!
$100 Off All Plans + Free ShippingExpires: Ongoing
$100 Off All Plans + Free ShippingExpires: Ongoing
A Deep-Dive Look into the Variety of Plans Medifast Currently Offers
There are numerous plans that Medifast has to offer that are appropriate for many of the weight loss demands that clients hold when trying to stay healthy with Medifast. These include the following options
- 5&1 Weight Loss Plan – The 5&1 plan works with five Medifast meals and one Lean and Green meal during the day. The Lean and Green meal usually entails the mix of a lean protein with a healthy green vegetable. A Lean and Green meal will feature about five to seven ounces of a lean protein plus three servings of non-starchy vegetables. Healthy fats may also be used but they should be limited to as many as two servings at a time.
- 5&2&2 Weight Loss Plan – The 5&2&2 is an option that uses five Medifast meals, two Lean and Green meals and two healthy snacks. These healthy snacks are offered by Medifast and entail many nutritious options like crunch bars and whole grain materials.
- 4&2&1 Weight Loss Plan – The 4&2&1 plan features four Medifast meals, two Lean and Green meals and one daily snack. The snack is typically included during the event part of the program.
- 3-2-1 Maintenance Plan – The 3-2-1 plan is also known as the Thrive plan. This focuses of helping people to maintain healthy weights and to keep the risk of gaining back weight from being any worse than it could be. The 3-2-1 plan works by offering three Thrive by Medifast foods including assorted healthy snacks that can be consumed during the day. This then works with two Lean and Green meals and one fully balanced meal with the right fruits and vegetables, whole grains and lean protein.
Does Medifast Cater to those with Special Dietary Needs?
There are a few special diets that may be used while trying to lose weight. These include diets with the following points in mind:
- Diets for diabetics will entail a controlled amount of carbohydrates and fats during a typical day.
- A gluten-free option is available with healthy nutrients and ingredients that do not contain gluten or other fillers.
- A vegetarian option can work for those who are trying to avoid meats. Medifast has many meal replacements that will fit in with one’s vegetarian demands.
- A special diet for nursing mothers is also available. This includes a diet with more calories and nutrients for a woman who is nursing a child as young as two months of age.
- A program is available for seniors who are 65 years of age or older. This focuses on kick-starting the body’s metabolic functions.
- There is even a program for teenagers who need help with losing weight.
- A special program for those with gout is also available with the intention of reducing the total amount of inflammation that the body might suffer from.
How Does the Medifast Diet Taste?
One thing that people don’t have to worry about when it comes to Medifast is that the program works with plenty of healthy foods that have great tastes. All foods are naturally prepared and designed with only the finest organic ingredients and whole grains.
These ingredients are designed to prepare nice and enjoyable flavors that are dense and easy to enjoy. People will not have to worry about problems relating to bland diet food like what people often struggle with when trying to eat and stay healthy.
Does the Medifast Diet Plan Support those with Diabetic Needs?
People with diabetes will have their own special weight loss needs. Medifast has a program that is designed for those who have diabetes. The program focuses on eating foods at the right times of the day while also keeping control over the number of carbohydrates that the body consumes during an entire day.
The program sticks with routines that entail up to 1,500 calories in the course of a day. This focuses on dividing carbohydrates during the day while sticking with lean meats and healthy green vegetables to go with the many meal replacements that Medifast has to offer.
All of the different dietary plans that were listed earlier are available for diabetics to enjoy. However, customers will have to adjust their eating plans based on the amount of carbohydrates that they are going to eat.
It is critical for people to watch for how their bodies can manage this plan though. Anyone who has diabetes should contact a doctor for professional help and guidance before entering into this program. This is to ensure that one is actually able to manage the program as needed.
What Meaningful Success Stories Have Come About from using Medifast?
The success stories that have come around as a result of using the Medifast program are ones that prove that this is a smart option for all to try out when it comes to losing weight. These success stories entail people losing about two to five pounds in a week for the first two weeks and then moving into a routine of about one to two pounds of weight loss per week after that first period is over. This is a consistent rate that is easy for the body to bear with.
You Can Find More Detailed Success Stories on the Medifast YouTube Account Below
The total amounts of weight that people have lost are amazing to see. Many people can lose about 20 to 50 pounds of weight over the course of a few months while on the program. Many have even reported to have lost more than a hundred pounds.
All results will vary based on what people need to manage in their lives. Therefore, it is critical for people to work hard when on the program to make it easier for them to stay healthy.
How Much Does the Medifast Program Cost?
The cost for getting into the Medifast program should be reviewed with care. Fortunately, it should not be too hard for most people to get into the program.
A two-week package that features seventy meal replacements for use will cost $217.20. Meanwhile a four-week package will go for $375. Each package features a series of meal replacements, shakes, bars and other items designed to fit in well with the dietary needs that one might hold.
Individual weight loss meals may also be bought as needed. A box of seven servings of oatmeal can be found for $18.75, for instance.
This is all done with no contracts required. People can buy their items and have them delivered to their homes or picked up from a local center with ease without being forced into a contract that could last weeks or even months.
(Enroll Now in the Medifast Advantage Program and Receive $100 in Savings!)
What are the Pros of the Medifast Diet Plan?
- The foods are available in an extensive variety of forms and will fit in with the many special types of weight loss demands that people might hold. These include many flavors of oatmeal, cereal, shakes and more.
- The instructions for how to prepare different foods are clearly labeled on each item for use in the plan.
- There are no long-term contracts required when getting into the program.
- Medifast has many different retail offices around the country. People can choose to either pick up their items at certain locations or to have them delivered to their front doors.
- The weight loss that comes out of the program is easy to enjoy and will not hurt the body as the loss will come at a controlled rate that is easy for the body to manage.
- The foods listed here are great-tasting and will be easy for anyone to look forward to.
- The extensive Lean and Green campaign allows people to have a little more freedom when losing weight while also encouraging the development of healthy living standards.
What are the Cons of the Medifast Diet Plan?
As advantageous as the Medifast program may be, there are also a few important drawbacks that have to be analyzed. These include many problems that might impact one’s ability to lose weight with the program and can entail some people not being all that comfortable with some of the things that they could be doing while on the program in general:
- It is critical for people to stay within the program and to control what they are having or else they will be at risk of not losing weight.
- The program encourages people to stick with a proper maintenance plan even after losing weight. This is to keep the participant from being at risk of gaining too much weight after a while.
- It can be hard for some people to stick with a plan for eating smaller meals during the day instead of larger meals that are often offered at different points of the day in most cases.
- The cost can be a problem to some people as it will cost hundreds of dollars to get into this program each month.
How Can I Find Out More Information on Medifast?
Visit the Below Links for more information on the Medifast Diet:
People who are looking for help with managing their weight loss needs can utilize the Medifast program as needed. This program uses plenty of food replacement options with a good variety of choices to hold. These are designed to spark the body’s natural weight loss functions and to stay as active as possible.