Best Weight Loss Meal Delivery Programs & Plans 2019
Updated: September 2019
Everyone wants to look their best this summer. At Diet Food Delivery Service we are here to help by providing 13 of the Best Weight Loss Meal Delivery Programs for 2019.
|Nutrisystem is a very popular weight loss program that has helped millions lose weight.|
- Weight loss study shows on average individuals lost 11.6 lbs. and 8 inches
- Allows you to choose your own meals with over 160+ menu options
- Offers menu plans for Diabetics and Vegetarians
|South Beach Diet is a great option for those looking for weight loss meal delivery. |
Their plans focuses on low-carbs and high protein meals that help to increase your
- Weight loss study shows on average individuals lost 5.8 lbs. in your first week
- Similar to Nutrisystem, this program can be thought of as a more keto-freindly option with over 60+
- Eat 6 times per day with low-sugar foods with flexibility for DIY meals
|Turbo charge your weight loss meal delivery with the Diet to Go program.|
This is one of our staff favorites.
- Choose from menu options from standard keto-friendly, diabetes or vegetarian. This plan caters to all
- They have their own in-house staff of chefs that cook in a USDA certified kitchen
- If you live in certain parts of the country, you can simply go pick up foods at their locations instead of being
shipped out. Cheapest meal delivery service.
|Since 1980 Medifast has been a weight loss program that has been recommended by |
over 20,000 doctors.
- Every meal has essentially the same nutrition profile containing over 24 vitamins and minerals
- Their foods focus on losing weight while still maintaining muscle mass
- According to the International Journal of Obesity, individuals on Medifast saw a greater loss in weight and fat
compared to random food based diets
|Bistro MD is a weight loss meal delivery service that has been featured on Dr. Phil, |
The Biggest Loser, NBC, Lifetime, and more.
- The meals are physician designed and allows for individual support for those looking for help
- All entrees are designed to boost metabolism and get the correct portion of macronutrients
- Also caters to those looking for diabetes-friendly, gluten free, or menopause-friendly meals
|Weight loss meal delivery never tasted so fresh until there was Healthy Chef|
Creations. Their meals are organic and never frozen.
- Chef prepared meals with a different menu every week, delivered fresh
- Menus are customizable for those on a Vegetarian, Vegan, Gluten-free, Dairy-free, Soy-free, or Shellfish-free diet!
- Purchase from either meal plan options or simply choose your own via alacarte
|Featured on Self, Entrepreneur, The Huffington Post, and others, this meal delivery|
service is also prepared by in-house chefs.
- Every meal comes gluten-free, plenty of protein, refined-sugars and of course, all-natural
- Their name is derived from the word Fresh as each meal contains complex carbs, quality proteins, healthy fats,
and nutrient-dense ingredients
- Their on-staff cooks are comprised of chefs, culinary scientists, and nutritionists
|Never cook again when you get your meal delivery from Plated.|
- In-house chefs and recipe editors create a menu that changes every week
- Perfect option for those who are Vegetarians, carnivores, and dessert lovers
- Fully customizable for your needs, their meals accomodate meat, seafood, vegetarian, dessert, Low-Carb,
and no gluten diets
|Wanna play chef? Then this weight loss meal delivery is just for you!|
- You choose the recipes that look tasty and appetizing, they deliver all the ingredients to you with recipe cards
to create your own meals
- Every week they change up the options of meat, fish, vegetarian, and Beyond meat meals
- They have even teamed up with Weight Watchers. For those interested, check out their Freestyle menu
|Hello Fresh weight loss meal plans are also for those who like to cook at home.|
- This service provides a whopping 2,500 recipe options to choose from
- Fresh ingredients along with cooking recipes and instructions are delivered to your door
- Ingredients are sourced from farms and ranches that adhere to high animal welfare standards
|Are you a Vegan? If so stop here as this weight loss delivery service has all you need.|
- All meals are plant based, nut-free, kosher, soy-free, gluten-free, and more
- This plan has become so popular that it has been featured on Men's Health, Self, Cooking Light, and more
- Plant based meals were chosen as they tend to lead to reduced risk of Alzheimer's, Cancer risk, and Diabetes
|Be your own chef at home with this weight loss meal program from Home Chef.|
- Customize up to 26 different weekly meal options
- Every option contains steak, chicken, pork, fish and vegetarian meals
- An insulated box is delivered to your home where you can read recipe cards and create your own cuisine
|On-staff dieticians and chefs make Factor 75 a great weight loss meal delivery option.|
- Why 75? Because 75% of how you feel, look and lead your daily life is based on what you eat
- All meals are designed to boost your mind and body by offering low glycemic carbs, lean protein, and healthy fats
- They also have options for those looking for Paleo, Keto, and Dairy free diets
Benefits of a Diet Food Delivery Service
- Time Saver – Sick of getting home late from work and have no time to prepare a meal? Millions of individuals face this problem every day. With a home meal delivery service, there is no need to worry about when dinner is ready. Simply take the food out of the refrigerator or freezer, cook in oven if necessary, and your done!
- Healthy – Diet meals delivered to your door are always made with the freshest ingredients. All companies do a good job of maintaining a balance of carbs, protein, and fat. In addition, they are delicious (if they were not, these companies would be out of business).
- Weight Loss – We all know we make too much and eat too much. These meals are all calorie controlled which helps you keep the daily recommended calories needed throughout the day. They are almost always lower in calories than “cuisines” you would make at home.
- Convenient – Most meals will be delivered directly to your doorstep on a schedule you choose. Upon arrival, simply place them in the refrigerator and wait until you’re ready to eat.
- Variety – Most Diet Delivery companies will offer selections for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Some will even provide meals for dessert, how cool is that? If your’e thinking that is bad for weight loss, well your’e wrong! They will ensure that, not only will they taste great, but they will fit within the caloric intake you need for the day.
- Cost – Won’t these meals cost alot? I mean, they have to source the food, prepare the meals, and ship them out, isn’t that costly? No! These companies are experts in their field. They have done this so long, that they have become efficient in their processes while still ensuring an excellent product. In fact, most have in-house chefs that ensure that every meal is the best prepared meal delivery service in a gourmet fashion that you deserve.
Diet Food Delivery Price Comparison Chart
(Table based on 7-day Women’s Plans)
Best Weight Loss Meal Delivery Programs
Nutrisystem meal delivery services receive an overall rating of 5 stars by our staff. Nutrisystem is well-known for helping millions of people acheive their weight loss goals. Their meals include entrees for breakfast, lunch and dinner and includes bars, shakes and boosters. The company offers these foods in a variety of programs which are tailored for men and women as well as a special program for Vegetarians and Diabetics.
2. South Beach Diet
South Beach Diet is an easy-to-follow three-phase dietary plan that not only helps you lose weight quickly and safely, but helps you keep the weight off. It offers a variety of delicious and fully prepared meals that are delivered right to your door. Created by world-renowned cardiologist Dr. Arthur Agatston, the original goal for the diet was help his patients battling heart disease; however, he found that the principles of the South Beach Diet allowed his patients to lose weight rapidly and easily. To date, this safe and effective method has helped more than 11 million people lose weight and live a happier, healthier, and more active lifestyle.
3. Diet to Go
Diet-to-Go is known for providing healthy, gourmet meals that taste delicious, something that was confirmed when Epicurious rated Diet-to-Go No. 1 for taste in a blind taste test against competitors. In fact, Diet-to-Go has an entire team of chefs and nutritionists dedicated to making sure every meal is a rich culinary experience, something critical to ensuring dedication to a diet plan.
That’s why Diet-to-Go has no shortage of customers who have found success sticking with the plan, losing 10, 20, even 50 pounds or more in less than 6 months, just by eating Diet-to-Go meals.
Diet-to-Go meal delivery services include an assortment of healthy eating meals & tasty foods that are prepared fresh and never frozen. Sticking with a Diet-to-Go program will get results for people who want to shed pounds, and the high-quality food makes it easy to stick with it.
Medifast is a weight loss service provider that has become a popular name in the field for quite some time. It has been around since 1980 as a company devoted to helping people lose weight through some simple dietary changes.
This is due to the variety of foods that Medifast has to offer. Medifast has many different options that are available through an extensive variety of plans. These meals are designed with the healthiest ingredients and nutrients.
BistroMD was formed as a means of helping people to lose weight in a positive manner. The company focuses on creative meals designed with the best weight management standards around.
The team at BistroMD offers more than a hundred different meals for its clients to enjoy. These include meals ranging from fine breakfasts to filling dinners. The group creates its meals with organic ingredients. The system can also work with many specific nutritional needs that people hold as programs for men and women alike are offered.
The foods are also inspired by many places from all around the world from local farmer’s markets to international dining spots. The main focus is to offer a distinct variety of foods to ensure these are fully prepared with care.
The foods are especially designed with a careful balance of nutrients. The foods focus mostly on protein with some carbohydrates and healthy fats included. The key is to ensure these foods can improve upon one’s cholesterol and blood pressure levels while reducing cravings for various foods. The balance of ingredients also ensures that the body’s blood sugar levels will be a little easier to balance and maintain.
6. Healthy Chef Creations
Healthy Chef Creations was founded in 2001 in Orlando Florida. Developed by renowned spa chef John Procacci, Healthy Chef Creations has been receiving rave reviews from both nutritionists and foodies for the quality and taste of their meals. The company is the only one we’ve found that offers personal customization, organic ingredients and nationwide delivery.
Freshly is a weekly subscription service that helps you purchase quality meals that are always fresh and never frozen. They are one of the best prepared meal delivery services as foods are fully cooked based on chef and nutritional standards. Simply heat up their meals and enjoy. The meals take about three minutes on average to prepare.
The key part of what Freshly offers is its great tasting foods that are easy prepare and consume. The foods available are of the best quality and are designed to give you something you are bound to enjoy.
Plated has been in operation since 2012 and focuses on creating natural and healthy recipes with only the finest ingredients available.
Plated concentrates more on helping people to prepare foods they are bound to love. The Plated website is extremely easy to navigate and provides the ability to order meals and deliver with simplicity.
9. Blue Apron
Blue Apron has been around since 2012 and is based out of New York City. The company has been growing over the years to where nearly ten million meal servings have been sent out to its customers. It has even grown to where it is now listed on the New York Stock Exchange.
Today Blue Apron concentrates on providing meal delivery services that people will enjoy having in their homes. Blue Apron does well with making great meals that feature only the freshest ingredients. Take a look at what Blue Apron has to offer if you want to get something that fits in well with your needs.
10. Hello Fresh
Hello Fresh offers various traditional meals with fresh lean meats as well as some vegetarian options. You can also use a special family-oriented plan.
The extensive variety of foods offered by Hello Fresh has made it one of the most popular meal delivery services around.
Our Veestro review dicusses this popular diet delivery service that offers different meal plans based on individual needs. People can select from meal packs, programs devoted to weight loss and Veestro’s own juice cleanse program.
Veestro particularly focuses on its “Plantifesto” of using only the best ingredients while ensuring that everything offered is hand-picked.
Veestro also focuses on vegan recipes with the knowledge that such recipes are easier for people to enjoy and to ensure that they can stay healthy. The company’s site even has information on how individual vegan recipes can do more for keeping people healthy and for ensuring they can get the best dietary routines possible.
12. Home Chef
Home Chef focuses on offering quality meals and ingredients that are fully prepared and ready to cook.
Their meal delivery services offer lunches and dinners and a few breakfast items are available as well. Our Home Chef Review details how you can order various meals and ingredients that fit in perfectly with your dietary needs. The instructions offered by Home Chef are also very detailed ensuring it is easier for you to receive meals prepared the way you want.
The meal kits all come with recyclable packaging materials, thus keeping any waste produced by a shipment from being too a minimum. You can also choose from various meals throughout the year. Home Chef offers a rotating menu that includes many meals you are bound to enjoy trying out.
13. Factor 75
Factor 75 is a health-conscious meal delivery service which focuses on a few particular eating styles- Paleo, Keto, low carb, and gluten-free. The company is aptly named for their belief that diet is 75% of the “factors” which control health. That said, healthy is baked into every part of the service.
Factor 75 differentiates itself in the sense of offering what they consider ONLY healthy meals options. All of their meals are guaranteed to be grass fed, pasture raised, gluten free, non GMO, hormone free, and generally free of any preservatives. In other words, real food with minimal processing. Additionally, meals are delivered fresh (unfrozen), although you can freeze them if needed to store them for longer periods of time.
All reviews have been written by Heather Paige. She has a BS in Nutrition Science focusing on Food Science and Community Nutrition.
She has two kids, is an outdoor enthusiast and an athlete competing in many running and cycling events.
For more information on Heather, please visit About Us