How Does The Medifast Program Work?
- A customer will have to go online to take a look at different weight loss plans while answering questions relating to one’s weight loss requirements.
- Next, the customer can choose from one of many different meals to have while on the diet. These meals come in many forms and are easy to prepare.
- The customer can choose how long the program is to work based on the number of days in the week that it will run for while also choosing what times in the day the meals are for.
- The key will be for the participant to stick with a diet that features these particular foods to keep cravings down and to improve one’s overall diet.
- The diet will spark ketosis, a process that entails the body using its fats for energy, thus making it easier for them to burn off.
- The body’s metabolic rate will start to go up as the fats are being burned off. This should facilitate the body’s ability to lose weight as required.
Note: The $35 and $25 off Medifast Coupons work when you uncheck “Join Medifast Advantage” in your Shopping Cart. If you do join, you receive $110 off automatically without the need for a coupon.
A Deep-Dive Look into the Variety of Plans Medifast Currently Offers
There are numerous plans that Medifast has to offer that are appropriate for many of the weight loss demands that clients hold when trying to stay healthy with Medifast. These include the following options
- 5&1 Weight Loss Plan – The 5&1 plan works with five Medifast meals and one Lean and Green meal during the day. The Lean and Green meal usually entails the mix of a lean protein with a healthy green vegetable. A Lean and Green meal will feature about five to seven ounces of a lean protein plus three servings of non-starchy vegetables. Healthy fats may also be used but they should be limited to as many as two servings at a time.
- 5&2&2 Weight Loss Plan – The 5&2&2 is an option that uses five Medifast meals, two Lean and Green meals and two healthy snacks. These healthy snacks are offered by Medifast and entail many nutritious options like crunch bars and whole grain materials.
- 4&2&1 Weight Loss Plan – The 4&2&1 plan features four Medifast meals, two Lean and Green meals and one daily snack. The snack is typically included during the event part of the program.
- 3-2-1 Maintenance Plan – The 3-2-1 plan is also known as the Thrive plan. This focuses of helping people to maintain healthy weights and to keep the risk of gaining back weight from being any worse than it could be. The 3-2-1 plan works by offering three Thrive by Medifast foods including assorted healthy snacks that can be consumed during the day. This then works with two Lean and Green meals and one fully balanced meal with the right fruits and vegetables, whole grains and lean protein.
Does the Medifast Diet Plan Support those with Diabetic Needs?
People with diabetes will have their own special weight loss needs. Medifast has a program that is designed for those who have diabetes. The program focuses on eating foods at the right times of the day while also keeping control over the number of carbohydrates that the body consumes during an entire day.
The program sticks with routines that entail up to 1,500 calories in the course of a day. This focuses on dividing carbohydrates during the day while sticking with lean meats and healthy green vegetables to go with the many meal replacements that Medifast has to offer.
All of the different dietary plans that were listed earlier are available for diabetics to enjoy. However, customers will have to adjust their eating plans based on the amount of carbohydrates that they are going to eat.
It is critical for people to watch for how their bodies can manage this plan though. Anyone who has diabetes should contact a doctor for professional help and guidance before entering into this program. This is to ensure that one is actually able to manage the program as needed.
How Much Does the Medifast Program Cost?
The cost for getting into the Medifast program should be reviewed with care. Fortunately, it should not be too hard for most people to get into the program.
A two-week package that features seventy meal replacements for use will cost $217.20. Meanwhile a four-week package will go for $375. Each package features a series of meal replacements, shakes, bars and other items designed to fit in well with the dietary needs that one might hold.
Individual weight loss meals may also be bought as needed. A box of seven servings of oatmeal can be found for $18.75, for instance.
This is all done with no contracts required. People can buy their items and have them delivered to their homes or picked up from a local center with ease without being forced into a contract that could last weeks or even months.
What are the Cons of the Medifast Diet Plan?
As advantageous as the Medifast program may be, there are also a few important drawbacks that have to be analyzed. These include many problems that might impact one’s ability to lose weight with the program and can entail some people not being all that comfortable with some of the things that they could be doing while on the program in general:
- It is critical for people to stay within the program and to control what they are having or else they will be at risk of not losing weight.
- The program encourages people to stick with a proper maintenance plan even after losing weight. This is to keep the participant from being at risk of gaining too much weight after a while.
- It can be hard for some people to stick with a plan for eating smaller meals during the day instead of larger meals that are often offered at different points of the day in most cases.
- The cost can be a problem to some people as it will cost hundreds of dollars to get into this program each month.
How Can I Find Out More Information on Medifast?
People who are looking for help with managing their weight loss needs can utilize the Medifast program as needed. This program uses plenty of food replacement options with a good variety of choices to hold. These are designed to spark the body’s natural weight loss functions and to stay as active as possible.